Harbor Health Services is seeking a Senior Vice President (SVP) of Elder Services to lead Harbor Health’s Elder Service Plan (ESP). The ESP is a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). The SVP reports to the CEO of Harbor Health Services and is responsible for all aspects of the ESP including the planning, organizing, development, operations and compliance of all services. The SVP is responsible for the administrative, professional, clinical, financial and other programmatic aspects of ESP to ensure safe, effective and efficient programs that support and respect the independence of its participants.
The SVP manages all aspects of the PACE program including a primary care medical clinic, provider network contracting and relations, marketing and enrollment, 24x365 care delivery, rehabilitation and therapeutic services, adult day health centers, home care services, transportation, compliance and quality assurance activities. This leader also manages and maintains State and Federal relationships and oversees PACE reporting requirements. The SVP is accountable for ensuring the financial viability and continued growth of the PACE organization and for managing all business, government and community relationships related to the ESP at Harbor Health.
Harbor Health Services, Inc. is an organization with over 50 years of experience delivering health care to primarily low-income and underserved individuals and communities in Massachusetts. Its programs include Federally Qualified Community Health Centers located in Dorchester, Plymouth, Hyannis, Harwich and Provincetown and PACE programs in Mattapan and Brockton. Harbor Health employs over 600 staff and serves over 30,000 patients annually. The PACE programs provide health care, transportation, and social services to 500 frail elders.
Harbor Health runs one of the nation’s first PACE programs and is one of only seven PACE programs that are part of a Federally Qualified Health Center. Currently, PACE accounts for over 50% of Harbor Health’s revenue. The Mattapan program originally opened in Dorchester in 1996. The Brockton site opened in 2017 and is the first PACE program to serve Southeastern Massachusetts.
Serves As A Member Of The Harbor Health Executive Team
- Partners with other executive team members to ensure the overall success of Harbor Health.
- Contributes to the development of organization-wide policies and ensures their implementation within the ESP.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with the organization-wide departments of human resources, finance, facilities, IT, etc.
Identifies Opportunities And Prepares The ESP For The Future
- Influences and guides the vision of the ESP to ensure Harbor Health’s ESP is a market leader in PACE services.
- Monitors innovative trends and promising practices that could bring value to Harbor Health’s ESP and develops plans to implement those practices and tools.
- Develops strategic and business plans for the growth of the ESP.
Ensures Effective Administrative Oversight For The Development And Implementation Of The ESP Programs And Facilities
- Ensures that issues are brought to the attention of the CEO and that the CEO and Board are kept informed on the key performance aspects of the ESP.
- Ensures that legal records and documents are appropriately created and maintained.
- Serves as liaison with State and Federal regulatory agencies to negotiate as needed and represent the interests of the ESP.
- Ensures the accurate and timely management of the financial operations of the ESP, including preparing and delivering on an annual budget.
- Ensures the effective use of Harbor Health data systems within the ESP.
Oversees Policy And Quality Programs For Compliance And Performance Improvement
- Keeps current on changes in regulation and policy impacting the ESP.
- Ensures that management staff and appropriate key personnel are aware of changes that impact operations and policy.
- Maintains compliance with all State and Federal program requirements, maintaining certification under Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), preparing for audits as well as adhering to other State or Federal laws or rules pertaining to PACE.
- Ensures operational compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and agency policies and procedures, ensuring a safe and clean environment for staff and program participants.
Ensures The Effectiveness Of The Team
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the services and business operations of the ESP.
- Ensures the operations of the ESP are provided in a manner that shows respect for staff and participants based on the highest principles of customer service.
- Directs the marketing and outreach activities of the ESP to meet enrollment goals.
- Ensures the implementation of effective personnel practices including hiring, training, performance appraisal and team building.
- Provides leadership in the development of creative and flexible solutions in the management of care.
Ensures The Fiscal Solvency Of The ESP
- Ensures the timely and appropriate submission of rate proposals and cost reports to the appropriate State and Federal entities.
- Monitors service and administrative costs for maximum value and operating results.
- Negotiates provider contracts with contracted health and medical services.
- Develops and approves annual budgets and monitors results.
Manages Subordinates And Contractors In a Skilled Manner To Ensure That All Aspects Of Operations Are Run With Skill And Monitored And Controlled For Maximum Performance
- Ensures the appropriateness of provider network development.
- Ensures management staff accountability for supervision of staff regarding employment, evaluation and training.
- Ensures that all management staff are facilitating efforts to maximize performance and focus on continual performance improvement.
- Negotiates provider contracts with required network providers.
Location/Region: Mattapan, MA (02126)